Blissful long weekend in which I actually, for once, managed to adequately balance the amount of sleep I wanted with the amount of social time I wanted to have and the amount of responsible stuff I needed to do:
- Changed sheets on my bed (to deliciously warm flannel sheet set, bliss; it's like a big warm cuddle)
- Watched some Blackhawks hockey and 24/7 (the Flyers/Rangers edition) with aworldinside
(I ended up rooting for the Flyers, she ended up rooting for the Rangers). K mocked my feelings a lot, also we ate hot cross buns and really excellent biscuits
- Washed some clothes!
- Cleaned bits of the house, genusshrike
cleaned some other bits, between us the house is pretty much all good. Hygiene!
- Fed some people lunch on Saturday, with a leek and potato pie and a really excellent feta/walnut/orzo/beetroot salad of genusshrike
's that I'm going to make again really soon because it was freaking delicious
- Watched some very late Farscape; it turns out I've pretty much erased most of S4 from my memory, because we watched all of We're So Screwed and I had barely any idea what was going on at any point. Gotta do a rewatch at some point.
- While Farscaping, FINISHED THE FIRST SLEEVE ON THIS JUMPER
!!!!!!!!!!! I have been stuck on this project FOREVER because I stupidly made a million modifications and lost the notebook I did all my calculations in. But on Saturday night I decided, fuck it, I'm just going to make a sleeve up so I did and other than a sticky bit at the bottom which I think I'm going to rip back and reknit, it worked out okay! I picked up and knitted about an inch on sleeve #2 and it's going okay, so I've set myself a challenge to wear this sweater this winter and to be honest, I can't wait!
- Went out to the Wellington Young Feminists' Collective first birthday party which was awesome - some excellent, excellent dancing, first to Sophie & the Realistic Expectations (AWESOME cover band, brilliant vocals, awesome sax/horn, veeery cute bassist) and then Lisa Tomlins (also amazing covers, incredible vocals & guitar) - they both had an incredible energy. They were followed by Disasterradio who plays like original electronica - it was fun to dance to for awhile but, tbh, just way too loud for me and I wasn't convinced that I was getting anything extra out of it being live. Still an awesome gig though.
- Brunch for aimeesworld
's birthday at Plum today - deeeelightful, and although I probably ordered too much food and the service was a) slow b) not what I would describe as competent, it was nevertheless super delicious
(I got the Plumster with avocado, hold the mushrooms - poached eggs on sourdough, hollandaise, bacon, sausages, hash browns, grilled tomato - it was totally, unbelievably delicious).
- Aaaand wrote my application for a six-month contract job that's come up. I don't know if I want to get it or not - not really sure about six-month job security, to be honest, although it would be a good way to leave my current job and still be able to go back to study next year - but work ( continues to be frightful )
I also managed dinner with my family (and poor old genusshrike
) and, for a change, plenty of sleep. (Too much on Sunday, when I slept right through the alarm that was supposed to get me up for the last Blackhawks game of the regular season :( but still, never look gift sleep in the mouth.)
Dance class tonight, and then an early night for me, I think. Oh, and this week's Fringe.